Bliss balls have taken the the world by storm with their tasty, round goodness and easy to follow recipes. Bliss Balls are quick and simple to make and are perfect for experimenting with as you can add such a variety of ingredients.
My first introduction to these treats was on a Yoga Retreat in Sydney and I have adapted recipes since to my liking. I love cherry flavoured Bliss Balls as they have the perfect combination of sweet and bitey.
What you need
- Large Bowl
- blender or food processor
- mixing spoon
- Measuring cups
- storage containers
I’d always recommend buying organic products for optimum health. This recipe makes about 12 but depends on the size of your Bliss Balls.
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 1/2 cups of pitted cherries (dependant on flavouring preference)
- 2-3 tablespoons Raw Cacao
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup dedicated coconut 1/2 for rolling
- Place all your ingredients, besides your coconut oil, into your food processor or blender. Blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Place combined ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir in your coconut oil. If your coconut oil is hardened ensure you melt it slightly before adding to ingredients.
- Place the left over dedicated coconut onto a plate.
- Once all ingredients are together begin forming into Balls, of your desired size. Roll them over the dedicated coconut plate for a coconut finish.
- Place your Bliss balls into storage containers in the fridge for setting. Bliss balls can also be frozen and are great to bring out for snacks on the go.
Bliss balls are the perfect accompaniment for busy people, hikers and adventurers alike.